Friday, September 26, 2014

An Incredible Person

Over the summer, my Grandpa Lewis passed away. He is one of the greatest men I know, and he is and was loved by everyone, especially his wife, Grandma Lewis. Recently, I have enjoyed the multiple opportunities to visit my grandma. She conveniently lives about twenty minutes away from me, so it makes for an easy drive. Grandma Lewis is such an incredible human being. Even though she lost her best friend and husband not too long ago, she is still a rock. She still warmly welcomes me in, every visit, with the same wonderful smile that
A classic picture (me, Grandma, my cousin Craig)
I love. Even through hard times, her ability to serve everyone is amazing. My mom told me a few weeks ago, at the two-month mark of my grandpa's passing, that my grandma made cinnamon rolls for countless people in the neighborhood to keep herself busy so as not to think of herself. Needless to say, I couldn't hold back the tears. My grandma is one of my greatest examples. She never ceases to love, serve, or reach out to those in need. She truly is a woman of God and an example of Christ-like love. Thanks, Grandma, for being such an incredible person and touching countless lives.
thattallgirl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment