Thursday, October 30, 2014

Can It be Money-and-Treating??

Today I feel like ranting about Halloween, since it's tomorrow. As a kid I absolutely loved it. An excuse to play dress-up and get a TON of free candy?? Yes, please! It's every kid's dream. Now that I'm older, but not quite old enough for a family of my own, I discovered that I feel like I'm in a limbo of sorts.

Let me explain. I am too old to go trick-or-treating, but I have no kids to take trick-or-treating. Also, who wants to put time and money into dressing up as something I'm not? We literally walk around trying to be someone we're not. If you really think about the concept of Halloween, it's really dumb. Sorry to all those who think Halloween is the best holiday ever, but I think I'm entitled to my own opinion, right?

However, how cool would it be if instead of trick-or-treating, it was money-and-treating--specifically for college students that is! We get free money and treats. Probably the greatest idea ever. I'm sure Bill Gates or Warren Buffet could easily spare a couple thousand for some poor students. I don't think I even need to explain the treats part. Treats are essential to life, so we should always have them.

Anyways, sorry for the ranting...

thattallgirl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment